click above to view
Click on Spotlights/News to see
Click above for information
News From the Office
Our Lost and Found has Grown
LOST & FOUND
PARENTS!!!! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO RECLAIM ANYTHING FROM THE LOST AND FOUND! HAVE YOUR CHILDREN GO LOOK FOR ANYTHING THEY MAY HAVE LEFT WITHOUT REALIZING IT!
THE LOST AND FOUND IS OVERFLOWING! KIDS HAVE LEFT HATS, SCARVES, GLOVES, JACKETS, COATS, SHIRTS, PANTS, SHOES, BACKPACKS, BALLS, ALL SORTS OF THINGS THAT PROBABLY COST YOU MONEY! COME PICK THEM UP AND SAVE THEM FROM BEING DIVESTED FROM THE SCHOOL FOREVER!
We ask that all parents contact Rock Canyon School as soon as possible when your child is absent. Please call our Absence Line (801-812-8675) and leave a recorded message with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Child's First and Last Name
- Your Child's Teacher's Name
- The reason for being abscent
Checking Your Student Out of School:
- Come to the office and sign student out.
- DO NOT take student off school grounds without coming into the office first and getting a visitor badge.
Eating Lunch with Your Student:
- Come to the office and get a visitor badge if you are going to be on the playground. We want to keep your children safe and need to know who any adults are on the playground.
Community Council Meetings:
Community Council Meetings are always held on the 4th Thursday of each month at 3:45p.m. in the Rock Canyon conference room just off the office (Except for Dec, which will be cancelled). The public is welcome to attend.
Dear Patrons of Rock Canyon Elementary,
This year the State of Utah will distribute approximately $45,000.00 to Rock Canyon Elementary School. The funds are generated from the interest gained on state owned lands dedicated to help public education. It is called the School Land Trust program, or Trustlands. Our Community Council is made up of members of our community and employees from our school. The Council’s responsibility is to evaluate the areas where the funding would be spent the best to help in student achievement.
If you ever wish to contact any of our council members, or want to attend any of our meetings, you are welcome to do so.
Listed below are our Community Council members for 2017 – 2018:
- Melanie Hallfirstname.lastname@example.org Chair (Parent)
- Lisa Dahlemail@example.com Vice Chair (Parent)
- Dean Nielsen (801) 374-4935 / firstname.lastname@example.org (Principal/Director)
- Danielle Fuegeremail@example.com Secretary (School Employee)
- Brenda Millerfirstname.lastname@example.org (School Employee)
- Rachel Lukeemail@example.com (Parent)
- Aimee Davidsonfirstname.lastname@example.org (Parent)
Meeting minutes can be downloaded by Clicking Here.
Download Trustlands Final Report 2018-19
Continue to collect Box Tops
through the Summer!
Smith's is proud to continue offering you the “Earn & Learn” program, which has proved so successful in contributing much-needed financial support to schools and community organizations dedicated to serving children.
The Earn & Learn Program was designed to make fundraising easy by simply using your Smith's rewards card.
Want to Help Rock Canyon with Recycling?
Did you know that you could help Rock Canyon Elementary by recycling certain items? Now you can! The school office would be happy to recycle the following items, and all donations will benefit the school! The items are:
- Newspaper (bin behind school)
- old cell phones
- inkjet cartridges/laser cartridges
Click for District Bullying Policy
Important School Phone Numbers:
School Hours: M-TH 8:40-3:20pm, F 8:40-1:30pm
School Office: 374-4935
Absence Line: 812-8675
TDD (Call District Office): 374-4815
Last Updated May 13, 2015 Return to top